Aqua Ventus Vision
As an emission-free alternative to crude oil, green hydrogen is central to the energy transition. The AquaVentus initiative aims to set signals worldwide with climate-friendly hydrogen technology.
With Heligoland in the German Bight, she has an optimal real laboratory to achieve the goals of the German and European hydrogen strategy in the long term.
AquaVentus’ visionary project: 10 gigawatts of generation capacity for green hydrogen from offshore wind energy by 2035 and its transport on land. A million tons of green hydrogen per year could soon be obtained from Heligoland to the Dogger Bank.
Five points to set the course in 2022!
- Update of the Nat. Hydrogen Strategy: Anchoring concrete targets for the production and transport of green hydrogen from offshore wind.
- Expand WindSeeG: Further develop offshore hydrogen from an option to the third expansion pillar along with CfD and beauty contest for offshore electricity.
- Offshore H2 in FEP Revision: Flächen für mindestens 5 GW Offshore H2-Erzeugung ausweisen und auktionieren bis 2030 inkl. 10 GW transmission pipeline. Further potentials up to 10 GW in 2035 allocated across borders.
- Balancing funding gaps for offshore hydrogen projects through CFDs-H2 in the start-up phase.
- Acceleration of plans for the expansion of a north european. Hydrogen Pipeline Network in the North Sea.
Do you have questions about the initiative?
To the projects? Or to the club?
In the news lounge you will find all information and contact persons.
AquaVentus Project family
Future technology for green hydrogen
With the help of the projects’ pioneering technical work, the AquaVentus initiative aims to achieve its ambitious goals by 2035. In the long term, however, the AquaVentus project family’s plans also include integration into a European hydrogen network.
News from the projects and the Förderverein