HARTING Germany GmbH & Co. KG
On September 1, 1945 Wilhelm and Marie Harting founded the company “Wilhelm Harting Mechanische Werkstätten”. In a small hall of about 100m2 in a repair shop in Minden, the production of devices for everyday use began. The first products were useful everyday helpers in the beginning. The company produced energy-saving lamps, hot plates, electric fences, waffle irons, electric firelighters and irons. The size and scope of orders increased and the company experienced steady growth.
Early on, founder Wilhelm Harting recognized the need for new technical products for the emerging German industry. Together with dedicated employees and creative ideas, the company pressed ahead with the design of a connector that would be robust, easy to handle and applicable for a variety of purposes – the need for such a product had long been on Wilhelm Harting’s mind.
And soon the Han® connector celebrated its convincing premiere and set a globally recognized standard. It has remained the backbone of the technology group through all of the company’s transformations.
Today, the HARTING Technology Group is a leading international supplier of industrial connectivity for the three lifelines Data, Signal and Power with 14 production sites and 44 sales companies worldwide.